The Fairmont Dallas Hotel where "everyone’s an individual," has chosen furniture maker/scrap artist Sean Springer as its first artist in residence for 2011. Springer will live at the hotel from January 1, 2011 through March 30, 2011 and work in its on-site studio, using reclaimed wood from Dallas trash piles (once called scrounging, now "sustainable sourcing"). A permanent piece at the hotel by George Fowler, the outgoing second artist in residence, was unveiled on Thursday, January 6.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015