This Saturday, ice artists from around the country will use chainsaws and blow torches to transform ice into art at the third annual Magnificent Seven Ice Sculpting Contest in Houston’s Discovery Green park. The public can watch the chips fly as sculpting begins at 10am. Judging is at 3pm, followed by an ice sculpting performance by Reverend Butter of DLG Ice Factory set to live music by Downfall 2012, beginning at 4:15pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015