This Saturday, ice artists from around the country will use chainsaws and blow torches to transform ice into art at the third annual Magnificent Seven Ice Sculpting Contest in Houston’s Discovery Green park. The public can watch the chips fly as sculpting begins at 10am. Judging is at 3pm, followed by an ice sculpting performance by Reverend Butter of DLG Ice Factory set to live music by Downfall 2012, beginning at 4:15pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015