League City artist Ted Ellis will paint a portrait of civil rights icon Rosa Parks’ home in Montgomery, Alabama to kick-off the opening of his exhibit at Troy University’s Rosa Parks Museum. The live painting is from from 11am-1pm on January 14, the show runs from from Jan. 13 to Feb. 24. Paintings featured in the exhibit include nostalgic and inspiring scenes of southern African American life during the early 20th century, as well as portraits of Louis Armstrong and President Barack Obama. The self-taught Ellis is owner of T. Ellis Art Incorporated, described on its website as "one of the fast growing minority owned businesses in the United States."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015