After 75 years, Kodakchrome, the first popular color film, is history. The last machine at the last lab to process the legendary slide film, at Dwayne’s Photo in Parsons, Kansas will be shut down today. Memorials are scattered across the media, and Paul Simon’s prescient 1973 song is getting another layer of nostalgia. In 2009, Kodak discontinued Kodachrome 64, the last remaining Kodachrome film.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015