After 75 years, Kodakchrome, the first popular color film, is history. The last machine at the last lab to process the legendary slide film, at Dwayne’s Photo in Parsons, Kansas will be shut down today. Memorials are scattered across the media, and Paul Simon’s prescient 1973 song is getting another layer of nostalgia. In 2009, Kodak discontinued Kodachrome 64, the last remaining Kodachrome film.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015