Jenny Staff Johnson blogs in the Houston Press about Rice University’s new no more "quiet quality" campaign as it tries to crank up its art cred with an ambitious public art program. The new Rice Art Program has already sited Charles Mary Kubricht’s paraMuseum: Environmental Exigencies, Leo Villareal’s Radiant Pathway and Aurora Robson’s Lift on campus, and will install a James Turrell Skyspace for next year (because we just don’t have enough James Turrell in Houston).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015