Jenny Staff Johnson blogs in the Houston Press about Rice University’s new no more "quiet quality" campaign as it tries to crank up its art cred with an ambitious public art program. The new Rice Art Program has already sited Charles Mary Kubricht’s paraMuseum: Environmental Exigencies, Leo Villareal’s Radiant Pathway and Aurora Robson’s Lift on campus, and will install a James Turrell Skyspace for next year (because we just don’t have enough James Turrell in Houston).
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015