Last week, Travis County contracted to buy a city block from the Austin Museum of Art, the one that the museum had planned, three times, to build on. The latest scheme which had a developer’s 30-story office tower on part of the plot between West Third and West Fourth and Guadalupe and San Antonio streets, stalled two years ago. The museum is looking for raw land in Austin’s central business district to fashion a new home, with roughly $22 million from the sale burning a hole in its pockets!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015