Last week, Travis County contracted to buy a city block from the Austin Museum of Art, the one that the museum had planned, three times, to build on. The latest scheme which had a developer’s 30-story office tower on part of the plot between West Third and West Fourth and Guadalupe and San Antonio streets, stalled two years ago. The museum is looking for raw land in Austin’s central business district to fashion a new home, with roughly $22 million from the sale burning a hole in its pockets!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015