Houston artists Brian Mahanay and Julie Birsinger were two of seventeen a teams who sculpted hotel rooms from ice in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden, just north of the Arctic circle at ICEHOTEL, an peculiarly Swedish art/winter carnival type event in which guest pay big money to spend a night in a hotel made entirely of ice. Mahanay is working to transform warehouses near the Orange Show into a garage for art classes and studio for art cars.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015