Houston artists Brian Mahanay and Julie Birsinger were two of seventeen a teams who sculpted hotel rooms from ice in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden, just north of the Arctic circle at ICEHOTEL, an peculiarly Swedish art/winter carnival type event in which guest pay big money to spend a night in a hotel made entirely of ice. Mahanay is working to transform warehouses near the Orange Show into a garage for art classes and studio for art cars.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015