Merry subversive Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours! I apologize to those of you who do not celebrate the holiday. I hope this will still entertain. Just in case I added a little something special at the end of the post just for you.
“Christmas comes but once a year, and to me it brings good cheer, and to everyone who likes wine and beer Happy New Year is after that, happy I’ll be, that is a fact. That is why I like to hear, folks I say that Christmas is here. Christmas bells will ring real soon, even in the afternoon. There’ll be no chimes shall ring at the the Christmas Ball. Everyone must watch their step, or they will loose their rep. Everybody full of fare at the Christmas Ball.”- Bessie Smith At The Christmas Ball , 1925.
First four artists via Christmas in July at Yvon Lambert, NY.
For more of Debbie Reichard’s Brown Christmas…
and in case you need a little sugar plum dreams to counter balance Burroughs and McCarthy:
Happy Holidays Everyone! See you in 2011…
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012