The Houston Arts Alliance is developing an "internationally recognized" temporary art program, just like Austin’s! HAA’s head of Civic Art & Design, Matthew Lennon, will direct the initiative, described in public-art-policy-speak as "meant to link Houston’s heritage of innovation with its emerging creative sector; move city center aspirations to its divergent communities; and reveal ideas and actions which assist in establishing Houston as a 21 century cultural leader."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015