After and eight-year restoration project, the famed leaning tower of Pisa is somewhat straighter, is less likely to topple over, and is a lot cleaner. Engineers managed to straighten it by 18 inches from the vertical, returning it to its 1838 position and stabilizing it for a couple hundred more years.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015