The Andy Warhol Foundation has threatended to pull further funding to the Smithsonian Institution unless it re-instates the censored David Wojnarowicz video, A Fire in My Belly, cut from a show after conservatives voiced ignorant outrage. Joel Wachs, the foundation’s president, put it in read-my-lips terms in a letter to Smithsonian Secretary G. Wayne Clough: "Such blatant censorship is unconscionable. It is inimical to everything the Smithsonian Institution should stand for, and everything the Andy Warhol Foundation does stand for."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015