The Bucks Burnett Collection, the world’s first museum of eight track tapes (if you don’t count it’s earlier installation in Denton), will open Christmas Day (that’s Saturday, December 25) from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 2630 E. Commerce in Dallas’ Deep Ellum Foundation building. The 3000 Rare and unusual 8-track tapes were collected by music producer and record store owner Burnett, who will curate six temporary exhibitions in the 700 square foot museum next year. The Museum will also house Cloud 8, a gift shop and music label, which will release limited-edition 8-tracks by The O’s as well as Tom Tom Club. The opening party is $10 at the door.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015