Huntsville alterna-builder Dan Phillips will design Houston’s new Smither Park on a half-acre next door to the Orange Show. The park is a tribute to John H. Smither, lawyer, board member of The Orange Show Foundation and president of the Houston Ballet, who helped the Orange Show Foundation acquire the famed Beer Can House, and willed a small fortune to the foundation upon his death. Planned features include a meditation garden, hopscotch court, amphitheater, swings, a tunnel and a a 400-foot "Memory Wall" to honor the dead.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015