Huntsville alterna-builder Dan Phillips will design Houston’s new Smither Park on a half-acre next door to the Orange Show. The park is a tribute to John H. Smither, lawyer, board member of The Orange Show Foundation and president of the Houston Ballet, who helped the Orange Show Foundation acquire the famed Beer Can House, and willed a small fortune to the foundation upon his death. Planned features include a meditation garden, hopscotch court, amphitheater, swings, a tunnel and a a 400-foot "Memory Wall" to honor the dead.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015