John Cage’s famous 4’33" is making a fair bid to hit the top of the British pop music charts this holiday season. Interpreted as a protest against insipid pop music hitmaker Malcolm Cowell, the current recording of Cage’s largely silent work brought together members of The Kooks, Heaven 17, Guillemots frontman Fyfe Dangerfield, Unkle’s James Lavelle, Scroobius Pip and Dan Le Sac, Madness star Suggs and dance acts Orbital and Pendulum in a London studio. Billy Bragg participated by speakerphone. The track is available for purchase at Amazon!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015