Amarillo is painting a 10 foot wide paint-by-number mural of the Palo Duro Canyon, in the style of Vincent Van Gogh. It’s likely the biggest paint-by-number anywhere, and certainly the biggest paint-by-number community event. Yep, visitors can pay $5 and be part of the project at the Amarillo Museum of Art. The Amarillo College Fuse Arts Club began sketching and numbering the myriad little areas today; painting begins January 1 and is expected to take two months. The big painting is in conjunction with the museum’s salon-style free-for-all Panhandle Artists’ Hanging.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015