The NY Times style section summarizes the multiple overlapping parties surrounding art Basel miami Beach this weekend, but singles out Texas socialite Becca Cason Thrash as a case study in art fatigue: says Thrash, "I couldn’t look at any more art, so I went shopping for clothes." Likewise, Culturemap interviews Thrash and other Houstonians about their decidedly more upbeat Miami art fair expereinces this time around.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015