The NY Times style section summarizes the multiple overlapping parties surrounding art Basel miami Beach this weekend, but singles out Texas socialite Becca Cason Thrash as a case study in art fatigue: says Thrash, "I couldn’t look at any more art, so I went shopping for clothes." Likewise, Culturemap interviews Thrash and other Houstonians about their decidedly more upbeat Miami art fair expereinces this time around.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015