San Francisco sound artist Pamela Z will be doing her thing tonight at the brand new, not-even-open-yet Houston Museum of African American Culture! Click here for details — in the words of the LA Times, "Pamela Z is, as the saying goes, an intriguing bunch of people, a vocalist who mixes street instincts with vestiges of operatic singing and other between-style sounds, and she also is a gifted improviser and manipulator of delay loops to build up layers of sound."
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: July 28, 2016 - July 28th, 2016
- Project Row Houses Kicks Off Summer Studios 2016 - July 27th, 2016
- New Summer Tradition? The Nasher and Its Women - July 26th, 2016
- Spot Magazine Goes Digital! - July 25th, 2016
- Artist attempts to create most frustrating products imaginable - July 25th, 2016