San Francisco sound artist Pamela Z will be doing her thing tonight at the brand new, not-even-open-yet Houston Museum of African American Culture! Click here for details — in the words of the LA Times, "Pamela Z is, as the saying goes, an intriguing bunch of people, a vocalist who mixes street instincts with vestiges of operatic singing and other between-style sounds, and she also is a gifted improviser and manipulator of delay loops to build up layers of sound."
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Peter Marzio, head of MFAH, dies at 67 - December 10th, 2010
- Arthouse TX Prize Finalists Announced - November 20th, 2010
- WHAM craft fair in Houston - November 18th, 2010