Bookman Rocco Staino bemoaned the recent sale of drawings by Garth Williams in the Huffington Post yesterday. 44 drawings for the iconic 1952 children’s book Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White were sold at auction, netting around three quarters of a million dollars. More than 10,000 of Williams’ drawings are in storage in the vaults of the Frost National Bank in San Antonio, executors for the artist’s estate. The bank has decided to sell all of the artwork to continue to fund a family trust.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015