Bookman Rocco Staino bemoaned the recent sale of drawings by Garth Williams in the Huffington Post yesterday. 44 drawings for the iconic 1952 children’s book Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White were sold at auction, netting around three quarters of a million dollars. More than 10,000 of Williams’ drawings are in storage in the vaults of the Frost National Bank in San Antonio, executors for the artist’s estate. The bank has decided to sell all of the artwork to continue to fund a family trust.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015