A retired electrician who worked for Pablo Picasso has come forward with a cache of 271 of previously unknown works by the artist, worth an estimated $80 million. Pierre Le Guennec, 71, says Picasso gave him a box containing the works as a gift, but France’s art police have already raided Mr Le Guennec’s home on the Cote d’Azur, confiscated the works, and a long legal battle will now begin.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015