A retired electrician who worked for Pablo Picasso has come forward with a cache of 271 of previously unknown works by the artist, worth an estimated $80 million. Pierre Le Guennec, 71, says Picasso gave him a box containing the works as a gift, but France’s art police have already raided Mr Le Guennec’s home on the Cote d’Azur, confiscated the works, and a long legal battle will now begin.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015