Steve Martin, banjo virtuoso, actor, and comedian has just come out with a new novel set in the artworld. In An Object of Beauty the protagonist claws her way up the art-dealing ladder, only to fall into exile in Atlanta (whew! not Houston) working for Elton John. Panned by The Guardian, and given a so-so by the Washinton Post, the book neverthless sounds like a good read alongside Barbara Streisand’s new book, My Passion for Design, in which the actress and singer tells tales from her life and career that influenced the choices she made in designing her dream home in Malibu, California.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015