Congratulations to Jamal Cyrus, Will Henry, and Jeff Williams, just announced as the finalists for the $30,000 Arthouse Texas Prize. Cyrus is a member of the Otabenga Jones collective which appeared in the 2006 Whitney Biennial, and shows with CTRL Gallery; Henry, perhaps the least well-known of the three, makes quirky gouache paintings and shows with Devin Borden Hiram Butler; and Williams was a Core fellow best known for his dust-encrusted objects (his mini-blinds appeared in the ’07 or ’08 Core show).
also by Glasstire
- Sugar Land is Developing a Public Art Plan - June 26th, 2016
- Today: A Flurry of Artist Talks Across Texas - June 25th, 2016
- Dallas Artist Ted Kincaid Has Founded a New Anti-Hate Project - June 23rd, 2016
- What Have We Done to the Texas Landscape? - June 23rd, 2016
- Top Five: June 23, 2016 - June 23rd, 2016