Congratulations to Jamal Cyrus, Will Henry, and Jeff Williams, just announced as the finalists for the $30,000 Arthouse Texas Prize. Cyrus is a member of the Otabenga Jones collective which appeared in the 2006 Whitney Biennial, and shows with CTRL Gallery; Henry, perhaps the least well-known of the three, makes quirky gouache paintings and shows with Devin Borden Hiram Butler; and Williams was a Core fellow best known for his dust-encrusted objects (his mini-blinds appeared in the ’07 or ’08 Core show).
also by Glasstire
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017
- A $2 Million Gift for Upcoming Museum in Dallas - February 16th, 2017
- Top Five: February 16, 2017 with Ana Fernandez - February 16th, 2017