Congratulations to Jamal Cyrus, Will Henry, and Jeff Williams, just announced as the finalists for the $30,000 Arthouse Texas Prize. Cyrus is a member of the Otabenga Jones collective which appeared in the 2006 Whitney Biennial, and shows with CTRL Gallery; Henry, perhaps the least well-known of the three, makes quirky gouache paintings and shows with Devin Borden Hiram Butler; and Williams was a Core fellow best known for his dust-encrusted objects (his mini-blinds appeared in the ’07 or ’08 Core show).
also by Glasstire
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016
- MFAH Announces New Curatorial Fellows - November 30th, 2016
- Live a Good, Corrupt Life with the Enron Simulator - November 29th, 2016