Congratulations to Jamal Cyrus, Will Henry, and Jeff Williams, just announced as the finalists for the $30,000 Arthouse Texas Prize. Cyrus is a member of the Otabenga Jones collective which appeared in the 2006 Whitney Biennial, and shows with CTRL Gallery; Henry, perhaps the least well-known of the three, makes quirky gouache paintings and shows with Devin Borden Hiram Butler; and Williams was a Core fellow best known for his dust-encrusted objects (his mini-blinds appeared in the ’07 or ’08 Core show).
also by Glasstire
- Hello Studio in San Antonio is Looking for Residents - August 28th, 2016
- Highlights from NorthPark Center in Dallas - August 27th, 2016
- McNay Art Museum Receives $1 Million Gift - August 27th, 2016
- Chinese Man Tries to Destroy the Internet - August 27th, 2016
- A Mural of Lee Harvey Oswald Is Up in Dallas - August 26th, 2016