"Right angles are almost as scarce as Ivory-billed woodpeckers," says Times-Picayune reporter Doug MacCash of the new Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art in Biloxi, MI. Housing the quirky, visionary pottery of George Ohr in the quirky, visionary architecture of Frank Gehry, the semi-complete museum complex was delayed in 2005 when Gehry’s hurricane-proof buildings were flattened when hurricane Katrina dropped a floating casino on them, wicked-witch style.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015