The first retrospective devoted to French couturier Jean Paul Gaultier will make a stop at the Dallas Museum of Art about this time next year. Curated by Thierry-Maxime Loriot of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk will feature 120 ensembles grouped into five themetic sections: “Jean Paul Gaultier’s Paris,” "Fusions,” “Multi-Gender,” “Eurotrash/ X-Rated,” and “Metropolis." It will be on view at the Dallas Museum of Art from November 13, 2011, through February 12, 2012.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015