The first retrospective devoted to French couturier Jean Paul Gaultier will make a stop at the Dallas Museum of Art about this time next year. Curated by Thierry-Maxime Loriot of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk will feature 120 ensembles grouped into five themetic sections: “Jean Paul Gaultier’s Paris,” "Fusions,” “Multi-Gender,” “Eurotrash/ X-Rated,” and “Metropolis." It will be on view at the Dallas Museum of Art from November 13, 2011, through February 12, 2012.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015