I also plan to swing by the studios of potters Chris Campbell and Ryan McKerley, jeweler Jaime Jo Fisher, furniture designer Blue Alan Way, photographers Ben Ruggiero and Barry Stone who are at the Okay Mountain Studio Annex with sculptor Faith Gay, installation and ceramic artist Marianne McGrath, sculptor Scott Proctor, and Joseph Phillips whom I saw at D Berman a month or so ago. These are just some the people I am already aware of but I hope EAST will give me a chance to learn about new artists and venues here in Austin. So get out and get going tomorrow… hope to see you around!
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012