Mary Ellen Carroll’s Prototype 180, the most talked about non-event of the past two years, may now actually happen. After delays and setbacks, The Sharpstown ranch house is scheduled to rotate 180 degrees via an elaborate and costly subterranean mechanism (or so I’ve heard) on Thursday, November 11, beginning at 11am. The rotation will be streamed live on the web. Swamplot had some appropriate sarcasm way back in May ’09!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015