The Museum of Drawing, Houston will begin operations with an awareness and fundraising effort at Boheme Cafe and Wine Bar, 307 Fairview, in Houston on Thursday, November 11 from 5-10pm with one of Spacetaker’s "cultured coctail" events. Self-described as "a space created to exhibit the origin of the line, the depth of drawing and the evolution of the line coming to life in modern and contemporary forms of video," The MOD will strive to "be an international influence pertaining to the significance and impact of drawing within today’s dialogue." It doesn’t seem to be affiliated with the Menil Drawing Instutute, and the mysterious new institution so far consists of a brief press release, a bare bones website, and a "donate now" button.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015