Dame Rosalind Savill, soon-to-retire Director of the The Wallace Collection, London, and a world authority on Sèvres porcelain will explicate the history and production of this highest of high-end pottery for the tail-end monarchs of France in the 18th century. Factory archives allow scholars to identify pieces in museum collections around the world, and some of them are at Rienzi, the villa-on-the bayou of Harris and Carroll Masterson in Houston. Sunday, November 7, 3pm at the MFAH’s Brown Auditorium. The lecture is open to the proletariat with regular museum admission.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015