San Antonio artist Chuck Ramirez died today from injuries sustained in a serious bicycle accident. He was 48 years old. For nearly two decades, Ramirez was a central figure in the San Antonio art scene. Known primarily for is photographic portraits of women’s purses, he exhibited at Artpace in 2002 and recently completed a new series of photographs for the San Antonio airport. UPDATE: friends and family of Chuck are gathering this evening at the compound at Sala Diaz to remember him: 517 Stieren Street. We will pass along further memorial services as they are announced.
also by Glasstire
- DMA Appoints a New Contemporary Curator - October 20th, 2016
- Top Five: October 20, 2016 with Amada Miller - October 20th, 2016
- Pace Foundation Appoints New Director - October 18th, 2016
- Applications Now Open for the 2016 Moss/Chumley North Texas Artist Award - October 17th, 2016
- Open Call for Dallas Arts District Foundation Grants - October 15th, 2016