San Antonio artist Chuck Ramirez died today from injuries sustained in a serious bicycle accident. He was 48 years old. For nearly two decades, Ramirez was a central figure in the San Antonio art scene. Known primarily for is photographic portraits of women’s purses, he exhibited at Artpace in 2002 and recently completed a new series of photographs for the San Antonio airport. UPDATE: friends and family of Chuck are gathering this evening at the compound at Sala Diaz to remember him: 517 Stieren Street. We will pass along further memorial services as they are announced.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017