San Antonio artist Chuck Ramirez died today from injuries sustained in a serious bicycle accident. He was 48 years old. For nearly two decades, Ramirez was a central figure in the San Antonio art scene. Known primarily for is photographic portraits of women’s purses, he exhibited at Artpace in 2002 and recently completed a new series of photographs for the San Antonio airport. UPDATE: friends and family of Chuck are gathering this evening at the compound at Sala Diaz to remember him: 517 Stieren Street. We will pass along further memorial services as they are announced.
also by Glasstire
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016
- City of Georgetown Calls For Public Art Proposals - September 23rd, 2016
- Project Row Houses Announces Next Artist Round - September 23rd, 2016