San Antonio artist Chuck Ramirez died today from injuries sustained in a serious bicycle accident. He was 48 years old. For nearly two decades, Ramirez was a central figure in the San Antonio art scene. Known primarily for is photographic portraits of women’s purses, he exhibited at Artpace in 2002 and recently completed a new series of photographs for the San Antonio airport. UPDATE: friends and family of Chuck are gathering this evening at the compound at Sala Diaz to remember him: 517 Stieren Street. We will pass along further memorial services as they are announced.
also by Glasstire
- Party Pics: June 25 at Tomo Mags - July 1st, 2016
- New Addition to Lubbock's Art Scene - July 1st, 2016
- Top Five: June 30, 2016 - June 30th, 2016
- A Novel Way For Video Artists To Get Their Work to Miami This December - June 30th, 2016
- Tony Feher, 1956–2016 - June 27th, 2016