Texas renaissance man Terry Allen will tell stories at the resurrected Kessler Theater in Dallas on Saturday, November 6. Billed as "the quintessential Texas Renegade outlaw artist," Allen is a contemporary of Joe Ely, Butch Hancock and Jimmie Dale Gilmore, although he was initially trained as an architect. His art has been exhibited worldwide and he’s pocketed three NEA grants, as well as recording eight albums from 1979 to 2004 and collaborating with David Byrne of Talking Heads on the soundtrack to "True Stories." $25 in advance, doors open at 7pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015