Texas renaissance man Terry Allen will tell stories at the resurrected Kessler Theater in Dallas on Saturday, November 6. Billed as "the quintessential Texas Renegade outlaw artist," Allen is a contemporary of Joe Ely, Butch Hancock and Jimmie Dale Gilmore, although he was initially trained as an architect. His art has been exhibited worldwide and he’s pocketed three NEA grants, as well as recording eight albums from 1979 to 2004 and collaborating with David Byrne of Talking Heads on the soundtrack to "True Stories." $25 in advance, doors open at 7pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015