On Saturday, Nov. 6, Mitchell Center artist-in-residence Marc Bamuthi Joseph will lead Life Is Living: Houston, a day-long hip-hop, environmental justice and social change festival at Emancipation Park in Houston’s Third Ward. 11am-5pm. Free! On Sunday, Nov. 7, the fest continues with a "day of service" refertilizing unused land at the Last Organic Outpost, 711 N. Emile (near Gunter St.) Houston, also free!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015