Dallas area art patrons Laura and Dan Boeckman have donated their collection of Mexican folk art to the Tyler Museum of Art. Consisting of 650 pieces collected in the 80’s and 90’s, it will be the largest donation in the museum’s history and stretch it’s already crowded facilities. Mr. Boeckman cited the museum’s planned new building and Tyler’s large Hispanic population as reasons for the gift. The Museum is planning to publish a catalog of the collection.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015