Newsweek’s list of the 15 highest paid charity CEOs, puts the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s Peter Marzio at number six with a 2008 salary of $1,054,939. The Houston Press’s Troy Schulze observes that "This news comes after Los Angeles Times art critic Christopher Knight blasted the MFAH in a diatribe about "vanity exhibits," in which museums create shows drawn from local private collections." and that "surely people will point to this list as evidence of Marzio courting private donations through exhibition favors."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015