The Chinati Foundation has a new book out. Chinati: The Vision of Donald Judd, mostly by ex-director Marianne Stockebrand which traces Judd’s ideas about art in special places through his NY building, Marfa Resdience, and Chinati itself. The new book replaces Judd’s 1987 Chinati catalogue now out of print. Co-published by Chinati and Yale University Press it’s $65, but if you want to pay more, there’s a special signed, limited edition for $2500.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015