Ready Made Africans , a 2006 portfolio of lithographs by Houston artist David McGee is on view in the Menil Collection’s Surrealism galleries. Five portraits of Hip Hop performers, including 50 Cent, Notorious B.I.G., a.k.a. Biggie Smalls, and Ghostface Killah are juxtaposed with The names of Dada artists, conflating Hip Hop and Dada identities.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015