The federal case between collector Joe Simon and the Andy Warhol Foundation’s Authentication board over Andy’s self portrait was dropped a couple days ago. With hilarious irony, the board last week declared a hundred or so of Warhol’s Brillo Boxes "copies." Microscopic examination unmasked an Andrew Wyeth watercolor as a fake before it was auctioned at Christies. Art crime is a $6 billion industry, according to the FBI.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015