The federal case between collector Joe Simon and the Andy Warhol Foundation’s Authentication board over Andy’s self portrait was dropped a couple days ago. With hilarious irony, the board last week declared a hundred or so of Warhol’s Brillo Boxes "copies." Microscopic examination unmasked an Andrew Wyeth watercolor as a fake before it was auctioned at Christies. Art crime is a $6 billion industry, according to the FBI.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015