In 1985, Wendy and Emery Reves gave 1400 works of European art, as well as paintings from Sir Winston Churchill to the Dallas Museum of Art, and the new wing, replicating Wendy and Emery Reves’ Mediterranean villa (built and furnished in 1927 by Coco Chanel) has been popular with museum visitors ever since. To celebrate the Reves collection’s 25th anniversary, Antoinette le Normand-Romain, former curator of the Musée Rodin in Paris will lecture on "The Gates of Hell" on October 28, at 7:30pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015