Mary Ethelene Bucy, 76, passed away on Saturday, Oct. 2 in Houston. Ethelene taught art & art history at St. John’s School in Houston for 15 years. She was a woman of varied accomplishments; from becoming a glider pilot to excavating the Balearic Islands, mountain climbing in Peru and being an Outward Bound participant. Most recently she became an expert in mycology, butterfly culture and bee-keeping. A memorial service will be held on Monday, Oct. 18th at 10 a.m. at the Terry County Memorial Cemetery, 1761 CR 430, Brownfield, TX.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015