Mary Ethelene Bucy, 76, passed away on Saturday, Oct. 2 in Houston. Ethelene taught art & art history at St. John’s School in Houston for 15 years. She was a woman of varied accomplishments; from becoming a glider pilot to excavating the Balearic Islands, mountain climbing in Peru and being an Outward Bound participant. Most recently she became an expert in mycology, butterfly culture and bee-keeping. A memorial service will be held on Monday, Oct. 18th at 10 a.m. at the Terry County Memorial Cemetery, 1761 CR 430, Brownfield, TX.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015