Cross-pollinating the voodoo cant of business motivational speaking with the gobbledygook of public arts policy (am I being too negative here?) 300 "fire-starters" will collaborate to "improve Houston’s climate for creativity and innovation" at the first annual Houston Summit for the Creative Economy. The $100 pow-wow starts at 8am Friday, October 22 and runs all day at Janice and Robert McNair Hall on the Rice University campus. Lunch is included. The meeting is organized by fundraising consultant George Worthington’s Creative Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015