Kurt Schwitters: Color and Collage, the first solo museum show for the Hanover hoover since 1985 MoMA retrospective, opens at the Menil Collection on October 22. The show includes full-sized recreation of the artist’s Merzbau, a possible precursor of the art-car. Co-curators Isabel Schulz and Josef Helfenstein converse on the artist and his influence at 7pm on Oct 22. !!!SPOILER WARNING!!! Early works of Robert Rauschenberg may appear derivative.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015