Kurt Schwitters: Color and Collage, the first solo museum show for the Hanover hoover since 1985 MoMA retrospective, opens at the Menil Collection on October 22. The show includes full-sized recreation of the artist’s Merzbau, a possible precursor of the art-car. Co-curators Isabel Schulz and Josef Helfenstein converse on the artist and his influence at 7pm on Oct 22. !!!SPOILER WARNING!!! Early works of Robert Rauschenberg may appear derivative.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015