OK, it’s an event; it raises money for sick kids, it’s a creative outlet, but it hurts when they call it "the largest and most recognized public art event in the world." Cow Parade Austin kicked off yesterday with patients from the Dell Children’s Medical Center painting the first cow in the Healing Garden behind the hospital. There’s a call for cow-decorating artists out, a media blitz, and in February, a couple hundred cutesy fiberglass cows will arrive.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015