Last Saturday, Oct. 2 Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument in Fritch, TX hosted Flintfest 2010 , an all-day affair including a flint "knap-in" with with expert flint-knappers who made arrowheads and other stone tools like those produced at the site 500 years ago and the premier of "The Sharp Edge of Survival" a film about Alibates (the only National Monument in Texas) featuring Native-American actors who recreate pre-colonial life at Alibates and retired National Park Ranger Ed Day, a Fritch native and one of the featured knappers at Flintfest 2010.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015