The indigenous stone heads or Rapa Nui, or Easter Island, have been gnawed at by lichen for years, causing much hair pulling among preservationists. Now, a new chemical agent developed by Professor Lorenzo Casamenti and five of his students from the restoration school Lorenzo de’ Medici in Florence promises to destroy the white flower-like excresences without further corroding the volcanic rock.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015