The indigenous stone heads or Rapa Nui, or Easter Island, have been gnawed at by lichen for years, causing much hair pulling among preservationists. Now, a new chemical agent developed by Professor Lorenzo Casamenti and five of his students from the restoration school Lorenzo de’ Medici in Florence promises to destroy the white flower-like excresences without further corroding the volcanic rock.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015