Zip out to Marfa for this weekend’s Chinati festivities: begin with a $500-a-plate dinner honoring Marianne Stockebrand on Friday, Oct. 8 at 6pm, or just attend the opening for artist in residence Marc Ganzglass, which also begins at 6. Stay over to see the new Carl Andre sculptures and get your copy of the new "Chinati: The vision of Donald Judd" signed by Stockebrand at a reception Saturday morning at 11. Performances and off-Chinati exhibitions abound as the dusty town comes alive!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015