Champion Gallery founder Sonia Dutton, interviewed by artinfo.com, said that when she moved to Austin from NY last spring, she was “shocked by the troves of excellent artists many of whom haven’t yet moved away to art capitals.” Pointing out that Austin is one the most rapidly growing cities in the U.S., she is "convinced it can set a new vanguard" by mixing locals with international art stars at her new 800 Brazos Street space.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015