Champion Gallery founder Sonia Dutton, interviewed by artinfo.com, said that when she moved to Austin from NY last spring, she was “shocked by the troves of excellent artists many of whom haven’t yet moved away to art capitals.” Pointing out that Austin is one the most rapidly growing cities in the U.S., she is "convinced it can set a new vanguard" by mixing locals with international art stars at her new 800 Brazos Street space.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015