The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston will host "Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs," an exhibition featuring yet another 100 artifacts which have never been shown in the U.S., guaranteed to be all different from the ones on view in Dallas in 2008. The latest Tut-fest opens October 13, 2011, (mark your calendars!!) Next year at about this time, visitors will have a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" to view the boy-king’s golden sandals and a gold coffinette that held his stomach. Organized by for-profit entertainment mega-promoter AEG, proceeds from the show will benefit Egypt.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015