The 50-year-old Southwest School of Art and Craft in San Antonio is making a bid to be the state’s first stand-alone, degree-granting art school. Learning from the failure of similar ambitious plans at the San Antnio Art Institute in the 80’s, the school will abbreviate its name, seek accreditation from NASAD, the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, and hopes to admit it’s first BFA degree candidates in 2013.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015