The IRS’s 700+ page list of Texas nonprofits that are seriously behind on their paperwork and are in danger of losing their tax-exempt status includes a number of arts orgs, from the Womans Fine Art Club of Anahuac to the Dallas Contemporary Art Museum. It’s not exactly a page-turner, but the taxman’s mega-list (and there are others for every state) gives a fascinating look at the breathtaking scope and oddity of the nonprofit world.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015