The IRS’s 700+ page list of Texas nonprofits that are seriously behind on their paperwork and are in danger of losing their tax-exempt status includes a number of arts orgs, from the Womans Fine Art Club of Anahuac to the Dallas Contemporary Art Museum. It’s not exactly a page-turner, but the taxman’s mega-list (and there are others for every state) gives a fascinating look at the breathtaking scope and oddity of the nonprofit world.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015