The Austin Museum of Art has announced their roster for their fourth triennial of new art in Austin. Congratulations to Miguel Aragon, Jesus Benavente/Jennifer Remenchik, Ben Brandt, Debra Broz, Elizabeth Chiles, Santiago Forero, Nathan Green, Ian Ingram, Anna Krachey, Robert Melton, Leslie Mutchler, Ben Ruggiero, Adam Schreiber, Barry Stone and J. Parker Valentine! Artists were chosen by Kate Bonansinga of UTEP’s Rubin Center; Andrea Mellard of AMOA and Toby Kamps, newly-minted Menil curator. The field is noticeably smaller than previous years — less good new art in Austin, or a tighter curatorial focus?
also by Glasstire
- Yellow Paint Truck Crash Colors Driver's World - July 30th, 2016
- Artists Coming to Galveston - July 30th, 2016
- Russia Hates Michelangelo's David - July 29th, 2016
- Party Pics: July 22 at Lawndale Art Center's The Big Show - July 29th, 2016
- Street Artist Makes Illegible Graffiti Legible - July 28th, 2016