The Austin Museum of Art has announced their roster for their fourth triennial of new art in Austin. Congratulations to Miguel Aragon, Jesus Benavente/Jennifer Remenchik, Ben Brandt, Debra Broz, Elizabeth Chiles, Santiago Forero, Nathan Green, Ian Ingram, Anna Krachey, Robert Melton, Leslie Mutchler, Ben Ruggiero, Adam Schreiber, Barry Stone and J. Parker Valentine! Artists were chosen by Kate Bonansinga of UTEP’s Rubin Center; Andrea Mellard of AMOA and Toby Kamps, newly-minted Menil curator. The field is noticeably smaller than previous years — less good new art in Austin, or a tighter curatorial focus?
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017