The Austin Museum of Art has announced their roster for their fourth triennial of new art in Austin. Congratulations to Miguel Aragon, Jesus Benavente/Jennifer Remenchik, Ben Brandt, Debra Broz, Elizabeth Chiles, Santiago Forero, Nathan Green, Ian Ingram, Anna Krachey, Robert Melton, Leslie Mutchler, Ben Ruggiero, Adam Schreiber, Barry Stone and J. Parker Valentine! Artists were chosen by Kate Bonansinga of UTEP’s Rubin Center; Andrea Mellard of AMOA and Toby Kamps, newly-minted Menil curator. The field is noticeably smaller than previous years — less good new art in Austin, or a tighter curatorial focus?
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Peter Marzio, head of MFAH, dies at 67 - December 10th, 2010
- Pamela Z TONIGHT in Houston! - December 4th, 2010
- Arthouse TX Prize Finalists Announced - November 20th, 2010