The Austin Museum of Art has announced their roster for their fourth triennial of new art in Austin. Congratulations to Miguel Aragon, Jesus Benavente/Jennifer Remenchik, Ben Brandt, Debra Broz, Elizabeth Chiles, Santiago Forero, Nathan Green, Ian Ingram, Anna Krachey, Robert Melton, Leslie Mutchler, Ben Ruggiero, Adam Schreiber, Barry Stone and J. Parker Valentine! Artists were chosen by Kate Bonansinga of UTEP’s Rubin Center; Andrea Mellard of AMOA and Toby Kamps, newly-minted Menil curator. The field is noticeably smaller than previous years — less good new art in Austin, or a tighter curatorial focus?
also by Glasstire
- New Art Space Opens in Dallas This Weekend - September 29th, 2016
- The Top Five Things to See in Houston - September 29th, 2016
- Top Five: September 29, 2016 - September 29th, 2016
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016