On October 2, Villa Finale, the Italiante mansion and decorative arts collection of pioneering Texas preservationist Walter Nold Mathis will open to the public in San Antonio’s King William neighborhood. Built in 1876 and renovated in 1967, it will be the first National Trust Historic Site in Texas. Villa Finale is overflowing with Mathis’ 12,500 piece collections of European furniture, ceramics, silver, art and memorabilia surrounding the life and death of Napoleon Bonaparte.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015