On October 2, Villa Finale, the Italiante mansion and decorative arts collection of pioneering Texas preservationist Walter Nold Mathis will open to the public in San Antonio’s King William neighborhood. Built in 1876 and renovated in 1967, it will be the first National Trust Historic Site in Texas. Villa Finale is overflowing with Mathis’ 12,500 piece collections of European furniture, ceramics, silver, art and memorabilia surrounding the life and death of Napoleon Bonaparte.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015