Some of the "world’s most inspired and provocative thinkers, writers, artists, business people, teachers, and leaders" gathered last July at this year’s Aspen Ideas Festival. Mari Carmen Ramirez, curator of Latin American Art and director of the International Center for the Arts of the Americas at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston was one of them. She spoke, unsurprisingly, on Latin American art, and some of her comments are reported by scientist William Haseltine in his blog at the Atlantic.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015