Some of the "world’s most inspired and provocative thinkers, writers, artists, business people, teachers, and leaders" gathered last July at this year’s Aspen Ideas Festival. Mari Carmen Ramirez, curator of Latin American Art and director of the International Center for the Arts of the Americas at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston was one of them. She spoke, unsurprisingly, on Latin American art, and some of her comments are reported by scientist William Haseltine in his blog at the Atlantic.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015